Saturday, March 26, 2016

Eukaryote Games

This is the last day of lecture with Dr. Wan. I am feeling a little bit discouraged because I will miss the way of her lecturing. The last topic is about eukaryotic cells.

To learn this topic, we dont need to sit and hear the lecture but we play games. There are 6 groups in my class so there are 6 games overall. Every group have different ways to play the games. The games are Kahoot, flip card, word puzzle, treasure hunt, bingo and musical chairs. All of the groups are so creative to create new games rule based on a classical one.


Kahoot
Flip Card
Crossword Puzzle
Treasure Hunt
Musical chair
Bingo

My group organize the bingo. During the discussion for the game, several days before we play the games, the discussion was very effective and everyone gave out ideas of their own on how to play the bingo. Of course there are some clash of idea and some argument happen before we can decide the best way. The activities teach me on how to cooperate with my group members and how to be considerate on others and follow the majority opinion.

I cannot pick which group is the most fun because all of the games are fun but not very perfect so none is the best (I am a little bit perfectionist). The most creative one is the treasure hunt because the idea is new but the game rules can be improved a lot more. Musical chairs is the funniest game for me. It is very funny to see my friends scramble for the chairs but the way of giving mark is a little bit weak. The game that I think need to be improved a lot in the future is the flip cards game. The rule is too tight for a 15 minutes game. If we play for an hour then it will be very boring. The game also exceed 15 minutes and the progress was very slow. The probability to find the right answer in the flip cards were low in the time given. They should decrease the number of flip cards.

For my group, I had heard comments that a lot of them said they are not satisfied with the answer given. In the future, my group should check the answer again and again as a lot of the questions are taken from the internet so we aspect that the answer are all correct.

Lastly, I enjoyed the activities and it teach me a lot of new knowledge mentally and physically.

Memories for last class


No comments:

Post a Comment